Monday, November 29, 2010

Arianna Huffington thinks 'there are always going to be newspapers'

Arianna Huffington, co-founder of the Huffington Post news website and blog, says despite dwindling circulation numbers, she doesn't think the newspaper is dead.
"As long as there are people who grow up with newspapers as I did, there are always going to be newspapers," Huffington, 60, said Monday during a stop in Toronto.
"I still subscribe to seven newspapers and I love reading my news in print as well, of course, as constantly being online. So I think this can be the golden age of journalism."
The Huffington Post publisher and editor-in-chief was in town to speak at an event organized by the Women's Executive Network honouring the country's highest achieving female leaders. Huffington planned to focus on the theme of "fearless leadership" in her keynote address.

No comments:

Blog Archive